During the pandemic, while ‘real world’ get-togethers are discouraged, a ‘Virtual Doodle Inn’ – quite simply, an online room – is open at scheduled times so doodlers can drop in, take some time out, and draw in the company of others from around World.
It’s open at scheduled times each week, and like all Doodle Inns, it’s free to access* (although a donation via the Doodle Inn Patreon is always very much appreciated; link at the bottom of the page).
Where And When
The Virtual Doodle Inn is run on a platform called Whereby.
- If using a desktop or laptop computer, Whereby tends to work best in the Chrome browser.
- If you haven’t already done so, you’ll need to give your browser access to your computer’s microphone and camera.
- For phones and tablets there is a Whereby app available – check your devices store; it may also work from within the Chrome browser on tablets.
The Virtual Doodle Inn sessions are relaxed and people can arrive and leave when they wish, but the room is usually open for around two hours. The sessions are run on an occasional basis, usually with two to four sessions a week at times to suit different time zones across the world – at least one each a week of early to mid morning and mid to late afternoon UK time (currently BST or UC+1).
A weekly schedule is published here on or before midnight UK time on a Sunday.
How To Join In
- First read through the Doodle Inn Code of Conduct which you can find here.
It’s essential that the Virtual Doodle Inn sessions are felt to be places of safety, mutual respect and friendship, and anyone not adhering to the CoC will be removed from the room by the Virtual Doodle Innkeeper, and not permitted to re-enter.
- To join in with a Virtual Doodle Inn, simply check the schedule and during an opening time go to the Whereby website , click to Join a Room, and type in the room name: doodleinn; or simply click on this link.
- Type in your name when asked and Knock to enter.
- After knocking you’ll be welcomed into the room by the Virtual Doodle Innkeeper!
*The Virtual Doodle Inn uses a subscription based online meeting room provider in order to avoid any limit on attendees or time. Special thanks are due to the first Doodle Inn patrons, whose generosity is allowing access to be offered free to all.
Virtual Doodle Inn Schedule For The Coming Week
If reading this on a phone, turn it sideways (landscape).
Prompt or Event
|Mon 14 June 2021||10am-12noon||TREES|
|Tue 15 June 2021||FACES|
|Wed 16 June 2021||10am-12noon||3pm-5pm||Judy’s Birthday Doodle!|
|Thu 17 June 2021||BEACH|
|Fri 18 June 2021||2pm-4pm||GARDEN|
|Sat 19 June 2021||9am-11am||4pm-6pm||Shoobeedoodlers|
|Sun 23 May 2021||PEOPLE|
|Prompts are for when you|
“don’t know what to draw”