There are lots of art classes and workshops and art groups out there, and they serve a very useful purpose, but they all have an agenda: you’re there “to learn”, or “to improve your skills”, or “to appreciate Art” (with a capital A).
Oh, it all sounds so serious!
No-one seems to be encouraging drawing just for the fun of drawing – and yet at its simplest it helps your mental wellbeing in so many ways.
Our aim, here at Doodle Inn HQ, is to encourage everyone to discover the joy of drawing for their own happiness…
…Not for any expectation of making great art (although that may happen).
…Not for any need to get better at it (although that will almost certainly happen).
…Certainly not to impress anyone else (although that may happen too).
Just because it’s fun, and it makes you feel good.
Why Is Drawing Good For Us?
- Drawing… helps you to really look at the world around you.
- Drawing can… take your mind off your problems.
- Drawing can… help you express yourself.
- Drawing can… help you communicate.
- Drawing together can… break down barriers.
- Drawing together can… help to build communities.
- Drawing together, you can… find new friends.
So why not drop in to a Doodle Inn. Check out the smiles of those around. Pick up a pencil, a pen, a crayon, a marker…
…And get doodling!